Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a man in connection with a burglary spree in Northwood Pines on Monday.

De’Alvion Jaquis Williams

De’Alvion Jaquis Williams

De’Alvion Jaquis Williams, 18, told police he stole from more than 12 cars in the North Gainesville neighborhood, according to an arrest report. Most of the burglaries took place at 2 a.m. before Williams took a joyride in one of the cars he broke into, police said.

After the car went missing from the driveway of a home, an officer spotted it in a nearby Wal-Mart parking lot, according to the report.

The officer watched Williams leave Wal-Mart and almost sit in the car’s driver’s seat before running at the sight of approaching officers.

Williams was identified by his passenger and Wal-Mart surveillance footage, according to the report. He was brought in for questioning and admitted to stealing the car and burglarizing other cars.

He said his passenger, who is a juvenile, participated in the crimes and found the keys to the car before they both decided to steal it, according to the report. It is unknown if his passenger was also arrested.

Williams identified items he stole from other cars including a Taser and spare change, police said.

Williams was arrested on charges of grand theft auto, unarmed burglary and petty theft. He was taken to Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $35,000 bond.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @MerylKornfield