Dirtybird Records has made quite the name for itself in the tech house world since it’s inception in 2005. The label, founded by techno king Claude VonStroke, seeks to present fans with a sound VonStroke describes as “tech funk,” a more lively type of techno that keeps it light and fun.

Over the past twelve years, the notable label has curated various events, such as the annual Dirtybird BBQ and Dirtybird Campout, while simultaneously bringing many heavy hitters on board, from Justin Martin to Shiba San.

This Friday, Gainesville will host Dirtybird’s own Ardalan at Over Easy Creative’s bimonthly event, Over Easy and Friends. The event will be held at Gallery Ultralounge, located at 233 W. University Ave., from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets range from $10 to $15.

Bringing the San Francisco-based artist was a team effort coordinated by Orlando group Alliance Events and Gainesville groups Over Easy Creative and Lucid Nightlife.

Les Voss, the owner of Over Easy Creative and one of the openers for Friday, said Ardalan’s sound fit perfectly with the events the group normally hosts.

“Even though we haven’t met Ardalan, it feels like we have because the network’s there,” Voss said. “Listening to someone’s music, you almost get a sense of who they are, and it seems like he fits perfectly with our vibe.”

Voss said Ardalan’s sound is lighter than some techno and will fit well in a setting like the one Gallery offers.

“I’d say it’s a little more playful,” he said. “It’s like a happy techno.”

Voss said Alliance Events contacted him and Matt Collins, the owner of Lucid Nightlife, about bringing Ardalan to Gainesville the day after he plays a show in Orlando.

Islam Ahmed, the director of Alliance Events, said Ardalan popped up on his radar back in 2015 when he opened up for Martin at an event in Orlando.

“I watched Ardalan for the first time ever as support, and it was completely mind blowing,” he said. “I fell in love with the label, and I actually ended up going to Miami the next day with Justin Martin and Ardalan to check out what it’s like to experience that in Miami.”

Hunter Reid, a Tallahassee-based producer who will also open the show, said he too is an Ardalan fan and also a fan of Dirtybird as a whole.

“Dirtybird is a huge influence in my musical style, and a few of their artists have been the most helpful to me in finding and honing my sound,” he said.

Reid added he plans to test out some of the music from his new extended play Friday and is excited to see what everyone thinks.