<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-93d5aca0-ea97-980f-2ec0-7d2e5005c6df"><span>UF hurdler Eric Futch races during the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships on June 10, 2016, in Eugene, Oregon.</span></span></p>

UF hurdler Eric Futch races during the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships on June 10, 2016, in Eugene, Oregon.

On May 13, the UF men’s and women’s track and field teams saw three athletes crowned as SEC champions in their individual events.

Two weeks later, they wrapped up a solid performance at the NCAA East Preliminary in Lexington, Kentucky, by compiling 26 total entries in the NCAA qualifier.

Then, on May 31, Grant Holloway was named the SEC Outdoor Freshman Runner of the Year at the 2017 SEC Outdoor Track and Field Awards. Holloway was one of 16 Gators to earn All-SEC honors.

And on Wednesday, the Gators hope to carry that momentum into the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon.

A year ago, the men’s team edged out Arkansas to finish in first place, marking the eighth consecutive year coach Mike Holloway saw the men post a top-three finish in the national competition.

The women, on the other hand, finished tied for ninth place, marking the third straight season they finished in the top-10 at the NCAA Outdoor Championships.

Grant Holloway, who will compete in the 110-meter hurdles and the long jump, as well as junior KeAndre Bates, who will participate in the triple jump and the long jump, headline the men’s team.

On the women’s side, redshirt senior Kyra Jefferson leads the way and is competing in the 200-meter.

Junior Darrielle McQueen will also join sophomore Yanis David in the triple jump and long jump.

David had a strong showing as a freshman last year, finishing third in the triple jump.

Other notables for the Gators include Andres Arroyo in the 800-meter and TJ Holmes and Eric Futch, who are both competing in the 400-meter hurdles.

Junior Lloydricia Cameron, the 2017 SEC shot put champion, will compete in the same event, while senior Shayla Sanders will represent her team in the 100-meter.

The men’s and women’s relay teams will also be there, as both groups made the cut in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays.

Contact Andrew Huang at ahuang@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @AndrewJHuang.