Gainesville’s own Always True Company has partnered up with Best of Gainesville to present the first ever Trueville Day Festival.

Trueville promises the best of what Gainesville has to offer, featuring live music, local artists, food trucks and a half-pipe for skaters to enjoy. The festival will take place from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 27 at High Dive. The event is open to all ages, and tickets are available for $10 on Ticketfly through the Trueville Facebook event page. Those entering 21 and up will receive special wristbands that allow them to purchase alcohol.

“We want to be able to showcase something cool and eclectic and appeal to the young people. Not just the students but young families as well,” said Best of Gainesville co-founder Trace Rucarean.

The festival has an extensive music lineup comprised of mostly local talent. Twelve’len, a Miami R&B artist, will headline the event. Other artists scheduled to perform are DVWEZ, The Hails, No1, Jay, Victoria Vicary, Rucku$, Br3adgang Blazel, Thesbian, Jahlil Music, Phenix, Rezza, AMPH Studios, Jahmil, DJ Klarc Shepard and Dunce Party.

“The music is really eclectic,” Rucarean said. “It’s hip-hop, it’s folk, it’s indie, it’s all over the place.

Those who come out on Sunday will be able to choose from three local favorites for food. The Cilantro Taco food truck will be out alongside David’s BBQ and Five Star Pizza. No entrance fee is required for access to food vendors.

Work from select, hand-picked artists and vendors like Wunderland Custom Tattoo and Natelle Draws Stuff will be on display. Live artist Sam Simon will perform alongside scheduled musical acts, creating a piece inspired by the music in real time. Simon has also worked alongside popular California reggae band Rebelution. Throughout the event, Always True Co. will be live-printing special event T-shirts for sale.

As a shoutout to the Gainesville skate crowd, Always True Co. and Best of Gainesville are bringing a mini half-pipe to be set up in the High Dive parking lot during the festival. The ramp is open to anyone with a board and will be run by Justin Smith of Spasm Skateboards.

“Gainesville has such a big skate culture that people don’t really know about … (the festival) is going to be a big swirling pot of different people from Gainesville,” head of music Jarrell Daniels (known by his artist name as No1) said. “Musicians from each genre are coming out, and then you have the food truck rally crowd who is coming, you have skaters who are coming, and people who enjoy art who are coming, and then High Dive regulars who are coming.”

Trueville is strategically placed on the calendar so it doesn’t compete with the Midtown scene, the Mayweather/McGregor fight or the “Game of Thrones” season finale, said Best of Gainesville co-founder Tyler Rucarean. After the event comes to a close, guests are invited to come out to World of Beer for a special “Game of Thrones”/”Rick and Morty” viewing party. Those wearing Trueville bands will receive a special discount at World of Beer.  

Always True Co. was created by current and past UF students Drew Howard, Zim Howard and Kevin Masaro in the memory of the Howard boys’ brother. Brandon K. Howard used the stage name Always True, and his brothers have used the company to carry on his memory and legacy of living care-free and “just going for it” Drew Howard said.

Best of Gainesville is the brainchild of Tyler and Trace Rucarean. The brothers are finding unique ways to highlight what Gainesville has to offer new students and long-time residents. Best of Gainesville has worked with several Gainesville businesses and organizations, but Trueville is their first official event Tyler Rucarean said.

“We try to showcase a glimpse of, what in our minds is, the best Gainesville really is.” Trace

Rucarean said.