Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman was arrested Tuesday after assaulting another woman in an attempt to “take back” her hair and uterus, Gainesville Police said.

Jennifer Gayle Reese, 37, attacked a woman at Grace Marketplace, located at 3055 NE 28th Ave., at about 2:53 p.m., slapping her multiple times across the face and grabbing her by the hair, according to an arrest report.

The woman attempted to defend herself, but Reese took her to the ground. Responding officers said they found Reese on top of the woman, pulling her hair. Officers pulled Reese off of the woman and handcuffed her, according to the report.

Reese told officers she attacked the woman because she was “trying to get her uterus and hair back.” Reese also told officers that someone told her to “yank out” the woman’s body parts, according to the report.

The woman told officers that prior to the attack, Reese told her she wanted her uterus back. Police found a scratch to the woman’s right cheek and an abrasion on her right arm, according to the report.

Reese was charged with battery and taken to the Alachua County Jail where she remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $2,000 bond.

@catie_wegman

mwegman@alligator.org