Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Two Florida men were arrested by police who had heard reports the men were selling drugs behind Mother’s Pub and Grill, Gainesville Police said.

mothers

Cain

Police questioned Jordan Joseph Cain, 21, and Misike Tyi Marko, 22, after smelling marijuana in the truck located at 1017 W. University Ave., according to an arrest report. An officer noticed a joint in Marko’s lap that later tested positive for synthetic marijuana.

When police told Marko to step out of the truck, he hesitated and reached for his waistband, according to the report. Police pulled Marko out of the truck and found an unlicensed Glock .22 in his pants. Police said the firearm was reported as stolen to GPD in September.

mothers

Marko

Police also found clear bags of 20 grams of a white powdery substance on Marko, according to the report. GPD is investigating the substance’s identity.

Officers also found 22 Xanax bars and seven grams of synthetic marijuana in the truck, according to the report.

Cain and Marko told police they had smoked before officers arrived but weren’t selling drugs, according to the report.

Police arrested Cain and Marko on a charge of drug possession with intent to sell. Marko was also arrested on a charge of carrying a concealed weapon. Both were taken to the Alachua County Jail, where they remain, as of press time. Cain’s bond is set at $8,000, and Marko’s bond is $30,000.