<p>Pierce</p>

Pierce

A Micanopy man was tased and arrested after punching a window and hitting a man with a metal padlock at Micanopy Inn on Tuesday night, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office said.

Sean Pierce, 44, was drinking alcohol all day and had past grievances with the man at the inn, located at 17110 County Road 234, according to an arrest report. Pierce wrapped his hand in a towel and punched the window of the man’s room at about 10:45 p.m., creating damage that was valued at $500 by the inn’s management, according to the report.

Pierce then grabbed the man in the parking lot of the inn and pushed him to a nearby open field to fight him, police said. Pierce used a metal padlock tied to an electrical cord to hit the man in the torso and back, leaving visible injuries.

The man escaped and police arrived at the scene. Deputies commanded Pierce to get on the ground, but he acted aggressively and resisted, according to the report.

Police shocked Pierce with a Taser. He did not have a history of criminal mischief, according to the report.

Pierce was arrested on charges of aggravated battery, damage to property and resisting arrest. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $35,000 bond.

Pierce