<p>Guzek</p>

Guzek

A Gainesville man was arrested Wednesday after police found about 167 grams of marijuana in his car, Alachua Police said.

Dax John Guzek, 19, was pulled over in his white sedan for running a stop sign at about 10:54 p.m., according to the report. Police told Guzek to stand by an officer’s car and went to get his registration.

As they approached the car, Guzek told officers he had marijuana in the car and gave them a mason jar containing about 39 grams of marijuana, police said. Officers searched the rest of the car and found a bag with about 124 grams of marijuana, a scale, a pill bottle with about four grams of marijuana and a grinder, according to the report.

Police also found a black Hi-Point pistol, which was loaded, under the passenger seat and within arm’s reach of where Guzek was sitting in the car, according to the report. In the back seat, officers found plastic bags, which they said were commonly used to sell marijuana.

Guzek was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of a firearm during a felony and drug equipment possession. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail, where he remains, as of press time, with no bond.

Guzek