<p>Curry</p>

Curry

South Florida rapper Denzel Curry will perform at UF on Friday during GatorNights.  

Curry will be paid $15,800 by the Reitz Programming Board to perform, said Alex Backman, the co-director for the board’s bands committee.

Curry will perform at 10 p.m. in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. The event is free to all UF students with a valid Gator 1 Card. Students must check in with GatorNights at the Information Desk and may bring one guest, Backman said.

“I want this to be a show that all different kinds of students can enjoy,” Backman said. “I’m personally a big fan of his, I think it’ll be a great show.”

Jonathan Vargas, a UF microbiology and cell science senior, said he has been a fan of Curry’s since he first heard the artist’s song “Threatz.”

“I have seen Denzel in concert before, and I am hoping that he brings that same level of energy,” the 21-year-old said. “He is an incredible performer, and I have always found a way of being more in love with his music.”

Karina Perez, a 19-year-old UF health science sophomore, said she is excited about dancing in the crowd with her close friends and immersing herself in Curry’s performance.

“I think with a performer like Denzel Curry, there’s no way there wouldn’t be a big turnout,” Perez said. “That would just be disappointing on our Student Body’s part.”

Curry