Student apartment complex to open on Southwest 13th Street

Yet another multi-story student housing complex will be joining the fabric of Gainesville at the end of July.

The Nine at Gainesville is expected to be completed in time for early move-ins July 31 at 1115 SW 13th St., wrote Ashley Hahn, leasing manager at The Nine at Gainesville, in an email. The 627-bedroom complex will include amenities like a two-story fitness facility, zero-entry resort style pool, a flat-screen TV in every unit and a two-lane bowling alley.

“We are incredibly excited for our bowling alley as we are the first student housing community to add a bowling alley to their portfolio,” she wrote.

The apartment complex, which is being built near UF Health Shands Hospital, offers one-bedroom to five-bedroom floor plans. The rent prices begin at $695, Hahn wrote. Prior to the grand opening of the leasing office Wednesday, all of the five bedroom floor plans and one of the two bedroom floor plans were sold out. Hahn expected most, if not all, of the units to be leased after Wednesday’s grand opening.

Brandon Badamtchian, a UF biomedical engineering sophomore, wanted to be sure he would have a spot at the new complex, so he was the first one in the door for the grand opening of the leasing office.

Between the proximity to campus, price and amenities offered, Badamtchian said The Nine at Gainesville was a perfect fit for him.

The 19-year-old said he was a little anxious about signing a lease for an apartment complex that isn’t complete, but it didn’t affect his decision to sign.

“Coming here and talking to (leasing agents), they kind of put my mind at ease,” he said. “By the time I get there, I’m pretty sure they’ll have everything together.”