Fort Lauderdale based band The Heavy Pets will bring a taste of South Florida to the High Dive this Saturday, where they will play alongside local bands Supamoon and Whale Feral.

The Heavy Pets, known for their unique blend of reggae and rock ‘n’ roll, gained popularity with the debut of their first album, “Whale,” in 2007 and have since played over 1,200 shows across the country, with a handful of those shows taking place in Gainesville. According to their website, their irreplaceable blended sound of indie rock, funk and reggae perfectly embodies the diversity of their Florida home.

Hailey Hall, a 19-year-old UF geology sophomore, said that she became a fan of The Heavy Pets after her father introduced the band to her.

“It’s just fun music that has influences from a lot of different types of genres, giving it a wide and cross-generational appeal,” said Hall.

Hall said the concert looks like a great night filled with a lot of great talent.

“I really like The Heavy Pets but haven’t had the chance to see them live yet, so I’m super excited for their set,” Hall said. “I’ve seen Supamoon around town a few times and they always put on a really great show, so it will be awesome to see them again.”

Rosalie Blackwell, a 21-year-old first year student at the Florida School of Traditional Midwifery, said she’s attending the concert to support her boyfriend, Bobby Mitchell, who plays guitar in the opening band Supamoon.

“They have been practicing at least once a week the last few weeks, and this week they will be practicing every day leading up to Saturday,” said Blackwell. “They will be playing some original songs.”

Blackwell, who describes Supamoon as a jam band with undertones of jazz, math rock and heartland rock, said their live concerts are always a fun time for audience members.

“They have a good energy, and they always get the crowd dancing and moving around,” said Blackwell.

Blackwell said she’s been on a recent Heavy Pets kick and is looking forward to the concert, hoping to hear her favorite Heavy Pets song, “3 AM,” played live.

“I’m looking forward to seeing all the bands play and getting to see The Heavy Pets for the first time,” said Blackwell. “I’ve been listening to them more recently and really liking them.”

The 18-and-over concert at the High Dive will cost $10 in advance and $13 at the door. The doors open at 9 p.m. and the show starts at 9:30 p.m. There is a $3 fee for those under 21 charged at the door.