Bite Squad adds 20 new restaurant locations for delivery to UF students and Gainesville residents

Shalena Hoang no longer has to leave her Hume Hall residence hall room to enjoy her Chick-fil-A order of eight-count nuggets, fries and sweet tea.

She uses Bite Squad, a website and mobile app that allows people to order food to be delivered from a variety of restaurants. Company spokesperson Liz Sniegocki said the company recently added 20 new restaurant to its list of Gainesville restaurants that it delivers from since the beginning of the year, bringing it to a total of 97.

The new restaurants include Chick-fil-A, Relish and Firehouse Subs, which were chosen because they are well known, Sniegocki said.

“We strive to add high-quality restaurants that are popular in the area,” she said.

The company delivers up to seven miles from the restaurant’s location, Sniegocki said.

She said the company has been growing since its Gainesville launch in February 2017 and expects to continue growing this year. Its goal is to offer customers as much variety as possible.

“We want to have food for whatever mood our customers are in that can be delivered to their door,” she said.

Sniegocki said she didn’t have the numbers of how many orders the company has delivered since its opening in Gainesville. The company’s most popular restaurant partners in the city are Piesanos, Bento Café and Gators Dockside, she said.

Hoang, a self-proclaimed avid Bite Squad user, is excited that there are more restaurant options available for delivery.

The 19-year-old biology freshman said she uses Bite Squad weekly for restaurants like Tropical Smoothie and Relish. She said delivery is quick — about 30 minutes.

“I think I will start using it more because I only have more options,” she said.