<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-738ced35-5133-2a08-1077-b0bb57808d6c"><span>Lee Niblock</span></span></p>

Lee Niblock

A former Alachua county manager was charged with simple battery after authorities said he tried to kiss a work acquaintance.

On June 10, 2017, Lee Niblock, who was then Alachua County Manager, tried to kiss an acquaintance at a professional meeting and said he loved it when she showed off her legs, according to court records.

Niblock, 64, arranged a meeting with the woman at Volta Coffee, Tea & Chocolate, located at 48 SW 2nd Street, to discuss a future job, according to a sworn complaint.

Niblock, who was fired as the Alachua County Manager in August 2017, was fired Monday from his job as city manager of Marco Island and is under investigation in Marco Island for battery, according to The Gainesville Sun.

During the meeting, which he later called a date, Niblock offered to drive the woman places for her potential job, according to the complaint.

He touched her thigh and lifted the hem of her skirt as they drove on US 441 toward Micanopy, according to the complaint. Niblock said he loved it when she wore skirts and showed off her thighs. The woman pushed his hand away, according to the complaint.

When Niblock brought the woman to her parked car, he put a hand on her thigh and her shoulder. He leaned in for a kiss, but the woman ducked and he kissed her temple.

Gainesville Police charged Niblock with simple battery on Tuesday afternoon, according to court records. Niblock could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert.

Lee Niblock