This South Florida-based restaurant is coming to Gainesville

<p>Miami Grill at The Standard </p>

Miami Grill at The Standard 

Laura Botero is already planning to take her girlfriend to Gainesville’s Miami Grill when it opens in April.

Miami Grill, a South Florida-based restaurant chain, is joining the growing community of businesses at The Standard apartment complex in mid-April, said Jackie Maceda, a Miami Grill spokesperson. The location, at 50 NW 13th St., will be in a spot between Chick-Fil-A and Target.

The 2,500-square foot location will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, but official hours have not yet been decided, Maceda said. It will also offer delivery to people living in The Standard and possibly other nearby locations.

“We’ll definitely be catering to the community,” Maceda said.

Maceda said the restaurant will hold a soft opening with discounts. A grand opening is scheduled for the Fall.

She said the restaurant will serve signature items like Philly cheesesteaks, chicken wings and pitas. It will also serve beer and wine.

Pricing for the location isn’t finalized, but menu items range from $2.99 to $8.99, she said.

Botero, an 18-year-old UF management freshman from Margate, a city about 45 minutes north of Miami, said she’s had wings and shrimp at a Miami Grill in South Florida.

“It’s actually pretty good, and the serving size is awesome,” she said. “I’d go to Miami Grill again any day.”

Miami Grill at The Standard