<p>Sophomore Sierra Brooks paced Florida with an even par at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic over the weekend. </p>

Sophomore Sierra Brooks paced Florida with an even par at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic over the weekend. 

This most likely wasn’t the weekend Florida’s women’s golf team was looking for in its final tuneup before the SEC tournament.

The Gators finished in 10th place out of 12 teams at the Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic in Athens, Georgia on Saturday, shooting 34 over to finish 49 strokes behind first-place Alabama.

Florida — as usual — leaned on its No. 1 player, sophomore transfer Sierra Brooks. The Sorrento, Florida, native shot 1 over on the day, closing the tournament with an even par and sole possession of 11th place on the individual leaderboard.

Behind Brooks was sophomore Marta Perez, who shot 1 under in the final round of the weekend. That brought her overall total to 5 over and gave her a tie for 25th place.

After Perez were freshman Addie Baggarly and senior Taylor Tomlinson. Baggarly concluded the round with a score of 2 over, closing her tournament at 12 over and putting her in a tie for 38th. Tomlinson, a Gainesville native, completed the third round at 2 over, ending her tournament at 17 over and in a tie for 46th place.

Rounding out the day was freshman Lauren Waidner, who was seeing her first action in the lineup all year. She finished the day with a 13 over, which brought her overall score up to 34 over.

Even though her team struggled this weekend, coach Emily Glaser remained excited about the SEC tournament, which begins on Wednesday in Birmingham, Alabama.

We have a few things to sharpen these next few days before we tee it up,” she said in a release. “But if we come mentally ready to play, it will make for an exciting week.”

Follow Chris O'Brien on Twitter @THEChrisOB and contact him at cobrien@alligator.org.