<p>Junior attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored the first two goals of the game on Saturday, but it wasn't enough as the Gators fell to James Madison, 11-8. </p>

Junior attacker Lindsey Ronbeck scored the first two goals of the game on Saturday, but it wasn't enough as the Gators fell to James Madison, 11-8. 

When the Gators lacrosse team played Marquette on April 14, Lindsey Ronbeck was held to only one goal in UF’s 18-6 victory. However, the junior made the most of her second matchup against the Eagles, notching a Big East Tournament record eight goals as Florida defeated MU 19-8 in the Big East Semifinals on Thursday.

Ronbeck also tied the school single-game record.

“Just an outstanding effort,” Gators coach Amanda O’Leary said in a release. “Lindsey’s the whole package.”

No. 9 Florida (15-3, 9-0 Big East) advances to the Big East final for the fourth consecutive year, while Marquette (10-8, 6-3 Big East), the fourth seed in the tournament, couldn’t get the better of the Gators in the rematch.

With just under 10 minutes remaining in the first half, UF led 7-4. However, the team ended the half scoring three-straight goals, including two from Ronbeck. One came with four seconds remaining on the clock.

“That was a momentum shifter,” O’Leary said. “I think we were looking for something to give us a little bit of a spark.”

Ronbeck wasn’t the only Gator to set a record on Thursday. Freshman defender Sabrina Cristodero set the Florida draw-control record in the win against Marquette, winning 11 times in the circle. Her 5.82 draw controls per game ranks 24th in the nation.

“She's lining up against the other team's best attackers and that's a tall task for a freshman,” O’Leary said. “She's exceeded all expectations.”

Between Cristodero and fellow freshman Shannon Kavanagh, the Gators have been a formidable force in the draw circle, and the team is tied for 10th in draw controls per game.

“They are kind of a one-two punch,” O’Leary said. “If Shannon’s not getting it, Sabrina is.”

UF outshot Marquette 45-16 in the win and caused 14 turnovers while the Golden Eagles only caused three.

Though it was largely overshadowed by Ronbeck’s eight goals, senior attacker Shayna Pirreca totaled six points with four goals, her 11th hat trick of the season.

Florida has now won 32 consecutive conference games, a record-breaking streak.

The Gators will have Friday off before taking on Denver Saturday at noon at Donald R. Dizney Stadium. The three-seeded Pioneers beat Georgetown 12-7 in a minor upset.

Florida defeated the third-seeded Pioneers 18-13 in Denver on April 21. The game was one of the more competitive ones the Gators played during their conference slate. Both teams were tied at seven at the half before UF pulled away for the five-goal win.

You can follow Tyler Nettuno on Twitter @TylerNettuno or contact him at tnettuno@yahoo.com.