crime tape

High Springs Police arrested a Gainesville native Wednesday night for allegedly stabbing someone in an argument.

At 10:25 p.m., Twyla Postell reportedly started a verbal argument with the victim. Prior to her arrival, the male victim and a woman were talking by 23278 NW 178th Place in High Springs, near where Postell currently resides.

According to the HSPD report, Postell was at the location earlier and had returned.

Postell

The witness and victim told police the verbal argument became physical at some point. Postell then allegedly stabbed the man in his left hand with a long sharp-edged object. According to the report, the victim grabbed the object and threw it in the grass.

The victim stated he thought he was stabbed with an ice pick, but it was too dark for him to see. Reportedly, the witness never saw a weapon. During the argument, however, she did hear the man say, “This b---- just stabbed me.”

Officers and deputies searched the area for the weapon but couldn’t find it, according to the report. The man’s injuries were photographed and reported as consistent with a stab wound from a sharp object.

Postell, 44, refused to answer any questions from the police. They charged her with aggravated battery, and she was held at Alachua County Jail until Thursday afternoon, when she was released on her own recognizance.

Follow Jessica Curbelo on Twitter@jesscurbeloand contact her atjcurbelo@alligator.org.