The Accent Speakers Bureau chairman said students were so excited about Tuesday’s event, they were asking for details as the posters for it were being hung up.

Comedian and “Saturday Night Live” alumnus Jay Pharoah will be performing a stand-up act Tuesday from 8 to 9 p.m. at University Auditorium, located at 333 Newell Drive next to Century Tower. The doors will open at 7 p.m.

“We went through some options, and when I got to Jay Pharoah, it was a no-brainer,” chairman Gregory Wolf said. “He’s an excellent talent, he’s hilarious, he’s super creative and he’s someone everyone can relate to.”

Anticipation for the event doesn’t end in Gainesville. Some students are making plans to come back to campus just to catch Pharoah’s act.

“I’m really excited to see Jay Pharoah,” said Dylan Pinard, a UF aerospace engineering major. “I’m not in Gainesville for the summer, so I’m coming from home and staying with a friend to see his show.”

Students may receive up to two free tickets per Gator 1 Card. Tickets have sold out, but there will be a stand-by line prior to the show, according to a Facebook announcement.

Wolf said Pharaoh will receive $52,000 for performing.

Pharoah is most famous for his time at “Saturday Night Live,” where he gained fame doing impressions of different celebrities, including former President Barack Obama, Drake and Jay-Z. He was there for six years, but he left about one year ago to star in movies and do a stand-up comedy tour.

“Accent doesn’t usually do a Summer show, so we thought that it’d be a really good idea to bring somebody to do a high-energy show that everyone can come together and enjoy,” Wolf said.

More information about the event can be found on the event’s official Facebook event page at facebook.com/events/197954977528257/ or on the Accent website atsg.ufl.edu/ACCENT/.