SNL comedian to UF: ‘Do y’all have gangs or just gators?’

<p>Chris Redd, a Saturday Night Live cast member, performed Wednesday night in the Reitz Union’s Rion Ballroom for a free event.</p>

Chris Redd, a Saturday Night Live cast member, performed Wednesday night in the Reitz Union’s Rion Ballroom for a free event.

Chris Redd posed one of life’s most pressing questions to about 500 UF students.

“Do you ever sneeze and fart at the same time?”

The Saturday Night Live cast member took to the stage Wednesday night in the Reitz Union’s Rion Ballroom to discuss everything from President Donald Trump’s “Space Force” to meeting Mormons in Utah.

The hour-and-a-half long comedy show was free for students and sponsored by the Reitz Programming Board. Redd was paid $12,000 for the performance, according to Alligator archives.

Redd was quick to poke fun at audience members, asking them questions about the Gainesville area and the city’s fascination with gators.

“Do y’all have gangs or just gators here?” he asked.

Redd also divulged some of his fondest childhood memories, most of them containing cocaine addicts, unbeknownst to him.

“I didn’t know they were crackheads at first; I thought they were just fun people,” he said.

Redd also touched on his experience taking an Uber while high from marijuana.

An odd Uber driver offered him candy while driving him home one night and Redd hesitantly agreed to the offer. Redd said the driver proceeded to hand him an unwrapped tootsie roll, which he “immediately slapped out of the driver’s hand” because he was “raised to not accept candy that looks like dookie.”

Emma Nabbie, a UF astrophysics freshman, said she was happy to watch Redd perform live, after seeing him on SNL numerous times.

“I watch him a lot on SNL and I wanted to check him out,” Nabbie said. “Everything was really funny.”