Generic Crime
Generic Crime

An 18-year-old man was arrested for raping his friend in June, deputies said.

Brendon Mykal Eugene, of Gainesville, was arrested Monday afternoon after admitting to sexually battering an 18-year-old woman in their apartment, according to an arrest report. 

Eugene and the victim were close friends and shared an apartment but were not in a relationship, the report said. 

The victim was intoxicated and sitting alone on the couch when Eugene came home from work. He sat next to the victim and began inching closer to her, the report said. 

He told her he loved her even though they were dating other people, the report said. She told him she only saw him as a friend.

The victim began falling asleep on the couch, and Eugene told her to go to her bedroom. He followed her and told her to take off her pajama pants, the report said.

Eugene began kissing her, but she told him to stop. He ignored her demands and raped her, the report said.

When the girl’s mother called Eugene with deputies, he said what he did was wrong, deputies said.

Eugene admitted to the sexual battery when deputies interviewed him Monday, the report said.

Eugene was suspected of a sex offense in 2014, but the victim didn’t press charges, the report said. 

He was charged with sexual battery and was released from Alachua County Jail without bond. 

Eugene couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa