Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman and her father were accused of selling drugs out of their house following a Gainesville Alachua County Drug Task Force investigation Thursday.

Bruce Allen Smith, 51, and his daughter, Kimberly Michele Smith, 30, were arrested after police found drugs and paraphernalia, according to arrest reports.

At about 1:50 p.m., the task force searched their home on the 300 block of Southeast 71st Terrace, police said.

Detectives found needles, a scale, ammunition, a pill grinder, a pill bottle with marijuana residue and bags with a white residue in Bruce Smith’s room, the report said.

In Kimberly Smith’s bedroom, which she shares with her two children, detectives found a needle with fentanyl inside a diaper bag.

Bruce Smith began yelling that he wanted a cigarette, kicked a stool and walked away, police said. The detective grabbed Smith’s shoulder, who then fell over the chair and kicked it at the detective, hitting her on her left side.

Bruce Smith was arrested that afternoon. His daughter was arrested Monday afternoon near Boulware Springs Charter School, the reports said.

Bruce Smith was arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer and possession of a firearm by a felon, while Kimberly Smith was charged with possessing drugs and paraphernalia. Bruce and Kimberly Smith were arrested on charges of keeping shop out of a house or vehicle and are being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $25,000 and $15,000 bond, respectively.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo

Correction: This story has been updated to reflect the proper charges for Bruce and Kimberly Smith.