<p>Marr</p>

Marr

A man accused of breaking into a building was arrested Sunday after allegedly swinging a backpack at two employees and calling one “fat boy.”

Ronald Nathan Marr, 53, of Gainesville, cut the locks off of two doors at the Santa Fe Work Release Center, at 2901 NE 39th Ave., at about 11 p.m., according to a Gainesville Police arrest report.

Inside the building, Marr put trash bags, zip ties, deck nails, two bottles of oil and two paint brushes in his backpack, the report said.

An employee was checking doors when he saw the cut locks and heard Marr on the second floor, the report said. The man and another employee opened the door and saw Marr holding bolt cutters.

He raised the bolt cutters above his head, stepped toward one of the men and said, “Come on, let’s do this, fat boy,” the report said.

Marr then swung his backpack at them and ran outside toward the woods next to Northeast 28th Drive, the report said.

Police found Marr walking on Northeast Waldo Road, the report said. Marr admitted to stealing nails and trash bags.

He told police he “may have” raised the bolt cutters and did swing the backpack at the men, the report said.

He was charged with aggravated assault, armed burglary of a dwelling or structure and petit theft. Marr remained in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $310,000 bond.

Contact Katherine Wallace-Fernandez atkwallace-fernandez@alligator.organd follow her on Twitter@katwf98.

Marr