<p>Hernandez</p>

Hernandez

Police arrested two men Friday accused of stealing a $23 pizza.

Caleb Stephen Hernandez, 21, of Parker, Colorado, and Chauncy Thomas McLaren, 20, of West Palm Beach, were charged with unarmed robbery and conspiracy, according to an Gainesville Police arrest report.

At 1:40 a.m., Hernandez and McLaren conspired to order a Domino’s pizza and not pay for it, the report said.

McLaren got into the pizza delivery driver’s car, took the pizza and threw $2 at him before he and Hernandez drove away, police said.

The driver followed them and called the police, the report said. Hernandez stopped the vehicle, and McLaren approached the driver saying, “Stop following me. I’m about to f--- you up.”

McLaren then opened the car door, punched the driver in the face and ran back to Hernandez’s car. Hernandez drove to his residence, police said.

An officer saw McLaren run into an apartment, the report said. After an announcement was made, both stepped out of the apartment.

Hernandez admitted to conspiring to steal a pizza, according to the arrest report. He also admitted to eating a slice of pizza during announcements.

McLaren remained in the Alachua County Jail on Sunday in lieu of a $13,500 bond. Hernandez was released at 1:30 p.m. Friday on a signature bond, according to the jail.

Contact Katherine Wallace-Fernandez at kwallacefernandez@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @katwf98.

Hernandez

McLaren