<p>Vandale Martin</p>

Vandale Martin

An 18-year-old man accused of holding the wrong teenager at gunpoint after a high school fight was arrested Friday.

On Feb. 23, Vandale Martin, of Gainesville, and another 15-year-old suspect drove to the Lincoln Oaks neighborhood in search of a teenager who was involved in a fight at Buchholz High School with the 15-year-old on Feb. 19, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office warrant affidavit.

While driving, Martin and the suspect mistook a 17-year-old boy with the teenager they were looking for, the affidavit said. They got out of the car while pointing handguns and shouting curse words at him.

The teenager tried to get away but was hit on the left side of his face by Martin with the gun, the affidavit said. He was able to escape, while Martin and the suspect got back in their car and circled the block looking for him.

A warrant was issued for Martin’s arrest on Feb. 28 and was served on Friday, the affidavit said.

Vandale Martin was charged with aggravated assault, aggravated battery and aggravated child abuse, the affidavit said.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail Sunday in lieu of a $170,000 bond.

Vandale Martin