More money, more problems became the reality for Natwaina Clark, who allegedly spent stolen city funds on a Brazilian butt lift.

Clark, 36, of Gainesville, was arrested in 2017 after she was accused of misusing more than $91,000 from at least three City of Gainesville credit cards when she was a Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs employee.

Clark will go to court in May after rejecting to sign a deal to plead guilty, according to court records. Jury selection is set for May 6.

Natwaina Sharee Clark

Natwaina Sharee Clark

Almost two years after her arrest, Clark faces seven felony grand theft charges, which have a maximum of 35 years in prison upon conviction, the report said. She has pleaded not guilty.

City officials told Clark verbally and in writing that the credit card was only for business purposes, according to court records.

From 2015 to 2017, Clark made 169 fraudulent purchases using three separate cards, the report said. Some of her other purchases included a a Brazilian butt lift, plane tickets to Houston, Texas, gift cards to various stores and multiple fruit arrangements.

During an audit, two city employees in the department noticed it was over budget, the report said. After further investigation, the employees found unapproved credit card purchases made by Clark.

She was arrested after city officials found she was using city-issued credit cards for unauthorized purchases, the report said.

Clark could not immediately be reached for comment.