fourth of july
fourth of july

It’s Independence Day weekend and lucky for you the Avenue has all of the music hits you’ll need to celebrate the weekend. Whether you’re keeping things small with your friends or headed to a giant outdoor barbecue, this selection is perfect for ringing in the holiday. Make sure to follow The Avenue on Spotify to see all of our weekly playlists.

Harley’s Hits: “American Woman” is a classic and all of these songs help bring people together to sing along. 

“American Woman” by Lenny Kravitz

“Free Fallin'” by Tom Petty

“All of the Lights” by Kanye West

“Formation” by Beyonce

Priya’s Picks:The Fourth of July reminds me of grilling and going to the beach. My perfect playlist has songs that I could belt out with my friends.

“Wild Thoughts” by Rihanna

“MIA” by Bad Bunny

“Secreto” by Karol G

Nick’s Notes: Bomb the Music Industry! is the creation of Jeff Rosenstock, one of my favorite musicians. Rosenstock’s music has been alluring to me because of how raw and personal it is. “Side Projects are Never Successful” captures this feeling by combining Rosenstock’s thoughts about consumerism, his job, and New York summer heat with a fast-paced ska-punk sound. Streetlight Manifesto might be my favorite band. At the very least, they have influenced my musical tastes more than any other artist. “If Only for Memories” is a staple of their discography and a great introduction to their music. The Interrupters is one of the best up-and-coming punk bands currently touring. “She’s Kerosene” is the lead single off of their latest album. The sound and message fully capture their identity as a strong-willed band with DIY vibes. 

“Side Projects are Never Successful” by Bomb the Music Industry!

“If Only for Memories” by Streetlight Manifesto

“She’s Kerosene” by The Interrupters

Brittany’s Bops: My song selection for the Fourth of July is based on songs that remind me of Summer and make me want to dance. “Firework” by Katy Perry just seems fitting for the season too.

“She's Got You High” by Mumm ra

“Feels Like Summer” by Childish Gambino

“Come On Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners 

“Firework” by Katy Perry 

Lily’s Listens: I chose songs that represent different aspects of the Fourth of July such as food, summer and happiness.

“Chicken Fried” by Zac Brown Band

“Party in the U.S.A” by Miley Cyrus

“All Summer Long” by Kid Rock

“I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston