crime
crime

After five hours of negotiation on I-75’s north-bound lane, a suspect wanted in connection to a North Port, Florida, homicide surrendered himself into custody, the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook.

Robert A. Parolisi, 49, refused to get out of his truck multiple times and waved his gun while displaying suicidal behavior, said Sgt. Frank Kinsey, a spokesperson for the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.

The post said Parolisi finally laid down his weapon, got out of his truck and peacefully surrendered himself to Alachua County deputies. He will be booked into the Alachua County Jail and will be taken back to Sarasota County to face charges. There is no bond on the warrant.

Parolisi was first stopped by Alachua County deputies at 9:45 p.m. Friday after North Port Police notified the department that the homicide suspect was traveling on the interstate near Gainesville, Kinsey said.

Traffic was closed in both directions on I-75 north of Gainesville at mile marker 395 until the suspect was arrested.

The North Port Sun reported that the homicide occurred shortly before 6 p.m. Friday.

Contact Chris Ortega at cortega@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @unofficialchris