The Gators are gearing up for their meet against the UNF Ospreys, Wednesday. 

No. 7 Florida is undefeated against the unranked Ospreys all-time. The teams will face off at the O’Connell Center at 5 p.m.. It will be the Gators’ last home meet of the season. 

While swimming hasn’t competed since November, diving is coming off a Jan. 17 competition against FIU and Miami.

At the FIU/Miami diving meet, four Gators ranked across three events.

In the women’s 1m, junior Elizabeth Perez placed second with a score of 299.0, securing an A-cut qualification for NCAA Diving Zones. Senior Ashley McCool placed third with a score of 293.20.

In the women’s 3m, the duo placed again, with McCool in third with a score of 312.15 and Perez in fourth with 309.65.  Senior Emma Whitner ranked seventh and junior Lauren Snider followed at 8.

In the women’s platform event, Snider took home a win with a score of 266.60, overpowering FIU diver Maha Gouda by a 5.70 advantage. Whitner took third place with 253.85.

The last swim meet took place Nov. 20, concluding a three-day invitational at Auburn. Florida drowned the Tigers in a 508-421 victory and moved up three spots in the Swimming and Diving Association of America’s Top 25 poll.

On Jan. 16, UNF took a loss to FGCU 61-201. It’s the only meet they’ve had this season.

This upcoming meet is senior day, where 11 seniors will compete in their last home game. However, the UAA is prohibiting fans in the venue for the upcoming meet due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

The first and last time Florida faced UNF, the Gators walked away with a 190-68 victory during a three-team meet in Gainesville. The Ospreys could not muster a win that weekend, but scored the highest total against UF. 

Fans can track the meet on the MeetMobile app as the Gators compete in Gainesville one last time.

Contact Faith Buckley at fbuckley@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @_faithbuckley

Faith Buckley

Faith is a third-year journalism student specializing in sports media. She hopes to one day work as a play-by-play announcer for the National Hockey League.