<p>Senior Taylor Bresnahan scored a hat trick for Florida in a dominant, 14-7 victory over Lousiville.</p>

Senior Taylor Bresnahan scored a hat trick for Florida in a dominant, 14-7 victory over Lousiville.

Dolphins’ attacker Sarah Elms chucked her stick up in the air after she rifled a goal into the back of the Gators’ net. 

The Severna Park, Maryland, native gave Jacksonville the lead with about 12 minutes left in the first half. But this was just the start. 

Florida lined up on DB Milne Field Saturday against the unranked Jacksonville Dolphins with both teams eager to keep their win streaks alive. The Gators ran out of the locker room with their roster full of all-American threats. The Dolphins’ physicality gave UF a run for their money in a 12-11 match. 

Midfielder Paisley Eagan scored two goals in under five minutes for the Gators. Shannon Kavanagh, the AAC Preseason Midfielder of the Year, and Jacksonville’s Alyssa Arnold trailed behind closely. They each finished the match with a hat trick.

The game symbolized a battle of the goalkeepers as Sarah Reznick and Addy Tysdal posted four crucial, game-deciding saves in the first half. 

At the end of the first half, Jacksonville zeroed its eyes on victory.

Elms rocketed home her third of the afternoon and earned a hat trick that brought the score to 9-6 in favor of the Dolphins.

Reznick, the AAC Preseason Goalkeeper of the Year, ran for a ground ball, which left the Gators’ net wide open. Attacker Mackenzie Boyle set up attacker Grace Hobson for a goal. 

Kassidy Bresnahan, a senior attacker, scored to bring the Gators within three. Coach Amanda O’Leary pulled Reznick, but Florida flaked under pressure and drew back-to-back yellow cards. 

Jacksonville played mercilessly the full hour, O’Leary said. The Dolphins won 19 out of 25 draws, an area Kavanagh usually thrives in.

“We will go back, regroup and prepare for a very tough conference opponent in Temple,” she said.

Florida will look to bounce back in Philadelphia Friday versus Temple. The game, which marks the first conference matchup, will start at 3 p.m. It will stream on ESPN+.

Contact Karina Wilson at kwilson@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @kk_rinaa

Karina Wilson

Karina Wilson is a second-year student at the University of Florida within the College of Journalism and Communications with a specialization in sports and media. She aims to produce engaging, accurate and current content for all types of sports fans. Currently, Karina is The Alligator's lacrosse beat writer.