Jasmine Moore named Indoor National Women’s Field Athlete of the Year

Moore earned the title for the second year in a row

Florida senior Jasmine Moore competes in the long jump during the Razorback Invitational Friday, Jan. 27, 2023 at Randal Tyson Track Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas / Photo by Anna Carrington

Florida senior Jasmine Moore has proven herself to be one of the best jumpers in the sport of track and field after a season full of titles, records and honors.

Moore was recognized as the Indoor National Women's Field Athlete of the Year for the second time in a row by the US Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.

Moore became the fourth athlete to win indoor field athlete of the year in back-to-back years. She was also the second Gator to receive the honor when she first won it in 2022, joining Yanis David, who earned the recognition in 2019.  

Starting the indoor season on The Bowerman 2023 Women’s Preseason Watch List, Moore did not disappoint. She has taken home at least one title at every meet she has competed in this indoor season.

Moore finished the season with First Team All-American and All-SEC honors.

She has won every Southeastern Conference and National Collegiate Athletic Association horizontal jump she has competed in as a Gator — totaling six SEC titles and six NCAA titles.

Moore currently holds the collegiate records in both women’s triple jump — 15.12 meters — and long jump — 7.03 meters.

Contact Namari Lock at nlock@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @Namari_L.

Namari Lock

Namari Lock is a third-year journalism student and production staff member for The Alligator. She has previously worked as multimedia editor, opinions editor, graphic designer and as a general assignment reporter for the Metro desk. In her last semester at UF, Namari is making her Alligator Sports debut as track and field reporter.