Gators land commitment of No. 2-ranked safety in nation

Four-star safety Xavier Filsaime announced commitment during UF’s spring game

<p>Florida Gators alternate white football helmet.</p>

Florida Gators alternate white football helmet.

The Gators secured the commitment of the No. 2-ranked safety in the nation, Xavier Filsaime, during halftime of Florida’s 2023 Spring game. 

Filsaime, a composite 4-star safety, attended the Orange and Blue spring game and became the seventh commit of the Gators’ 2024 recruiting class. 

The 6-foot-1-inch safety chose Florida over Georgia, Louisiana State, Oregon and Texas A&M. 

Six of UF’s seven commits are rated as a 4-star or higher, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He joins 5-star quarterback DJ Lagway, and 4-star linebackers Myles Graham and Adarius Hayes. 

The Gators now have the No. 4-ranked class in the nation, according to the On3 Industry Ranking Football Team Recruiting Rankings

Contact Jackson Reyes at jacksonreyes@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @JacksnReyes. 

Jackson Reyes

Jackson Reyes is a UF journalism senior and The Alligator's Fall 2023 Sports Editor. He previously served as Digital Managing Editor and was a reporter and assistant editor on the sports desk. In his free time, he enjoys collecting records, long walks on the beach and watching Bo Nix.