A Gainesville man was arrested June 5 after an underage victim said she had sex with the man the night before, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report. 

Tuiwan Korin White, 35, faces a felony for lewd and lascivious battery on a person under 16. 

GPD received a call around 9 p.m. regarding a suspicious vehicle parked in an abandoned house. The 13-year-old victim and the defendant were in the backseat of the car when the police arrived. 

An officer began questioning White while the second officer asked the girl why they were at an abandoned house. 

White stated he was smoking cannabis when the girl was walking by and he hollered at her. White said the girl got into his car and they began “chilling” in the back seat, according to the arrest report.

During the conversation with the officer, White began to sweat profusely and stated he “messed up” multiple times. 

Over the radio, dispatch told the officers the girl’s age, which White overheard.

Two more officers arrived at the scene and talked to the victim. 

The girl told the officers she had been seeing the man for a couple of months and had sexual intercourse the night before. She was then taken to CPT for a forensic interview, and White was taken to the GPD Criminal Investigations Division interview room around 9:45 p.m. 

In the forensic interview, the girl stated she was walking to school “a couple of months ago” when White drove by and began talking to her and said she was pretty. The girl told him she was 15 and was worried the man was going to jail. 

White instructed her not to tell anyone about their relationship. 

She stated they had intercourse three to four times, which was not forced upon her.  

In the recorded CID interview room, the officer advised White of his Miranda rights and immediately requested a lawyer. He was not interrogated further. 

A CPT preliminary risk assessment showed positive findings for sexual molestation for the victim, according to the arrest report.

White was taken to Alachua County Jail. His next hearing is not scheduled as of Thursday afternoon.

Contact Gabriel Velasquez Neira at gvelasquezneira@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @gvelasquezn.

Gabriel Velasquez Neira

Gabriel Velasquez Neira is a second-year Journalism major, and the Audio Editor and Metro GA Reporter. In his free time, he enjoys sleeping, taking photos and playing guitar.