On Erika Feazell’s way to class, color caught her eye.

The 18-year-old UF criminology and law freshman strolled on the Plaza of the Americas and looked at the UF College of the Arts’ Pop-Up Culture event, where paintings hung between trees on clothesline, hip-hop dancers performed and students waited for screen-printed T-shirts. About 500 people attended.

Booths with photo frames and props, painted temporary Chinese tattoos and a letterpress where students made small posters lined the sidewalks as the college celebrated National Art and Humanities Month, said Leah Spellman, the public relations and marketing manager of the UF College of the Arts.

Feazell said she liked the Sci Chic booth, where students showed off their 3-D printed jewelry.

Erin Winick, the UF mechanical engineering senior who created Sci Chic, launched the science-inspired fashion and jewelry line last week.

"It was a way for me to combine my passion of 3-D printing, fashion and engineering," the 21-year-old said.

Feazell said her favorite piece of jewelry was the large, blue atom-shaped necklace Winick was wearing.

After moseying around the event and talking with people at several booths, she said she picked up a free T-shirt that was screen-printed on the Plaza of the Americas.

Spellman said students don’t always know about the college’s resources, such as lectures or activities.

"A wonderful part of the college experience is to engage in activities," she said.

The event had a larger turnout than last year, with 34 registered groups compared to the 14 last year.

"The more people know about it, the bigger it gets," she said.