Student Activities and Involvement unveils new GatorConnect website

With a recently improved GatorConnect site, student organizations should be able to schedule events more easily.

Student Activities and Involvement released GatorConnect 2.0 on Sunday. The website has a cleaner look, an updated calendar and a custom dashboard for student-organization officers, wrote Jessica Inman, the associate director of student organizations and campus events, in an email.

“We wanted to make sure that the software kept up with our changing student needs,” Inman said.

SAI allocated money that would have been spent on the old software to develop the new website, she said.

Inman said SAI began looking for other website options about two years ago, speaking with student leaders, student organizations and campus partners to determine the greatest need.

SAI will hold workshops from today to Jan. 23 in Room 2106 of the Reitz Union to teach students how to use the new site.

Mike Greenberg, the chairman of UF’s Accent Speakers Bureau, said he uses GatorConnect about once a month to book tabling and flier-distribution event permits to promote campus speakers.

He said submitting tabling permits could be tedious, especially for simple events.

“I appreciate any attempt to streamline the processes that make student life easier,” he said.

@romyellenbogen

rellenbogen@alligator.org