The All-American Rejects to perform free concert at UF

All American Rejects
All American Rejects

American rock band The All-American Rejects is coming to UF on Nov. 4.

The band, which is being paid $65,000 to perform, is headlining the free UF “Rock the Vote” show on Flavet Field at 7:30 p.m., wrote Dillon Knox, the chairman of Student Government Productions, in an email. The event was announced during Gator Growl.

In collaboration with UF External Affairs, Chomp the Vote and Gators Going Green, Knox said the event is related to the U.S. elections and provides an opportunity to encourage students to go vote on Election Day, which is Nov. 8.

The event will feature an opening performance, which will be announced later, he said. The organization has been planning to bring the band for a few months.

“We feel students will be very excited about them performing here, and the show will be very well attended,” he said.

Sarah Nguyentran, a UF entomology junior, said she didn’t realize the event was official until she saw a post on Facebook.

The 20-year-old said she hasn’t listened to the band since she was younger, but she’s looking forward to the event.

“It’s been a while since I listened to them,” Nguyentran said. “There’s so much nostalgia around it, but I kind of want to go.”

@MelissaGomez004

mgomez@alligator.org