A man was arrested Friday after police said he reached into a woman’s car, pushed her in the face and ripped off her false eyelashes.

David L. Myers called and told officers he had been stabbed at 4920 NW 40th Place. However, when officers arrived at about 5 p.m., they determined Myers was scratched when he was inside the car.

The 33-year-old said the victim had a knife, but his story was inconsistent with the victim’s and a witness’ account.

Myers was arrested on charges of simple domestic battery. He was released Saturday afternoon on a $5,000 bond. 

♣ ♣ ♣

A Gainesville man was arrested Saturday after police said he was found passed out behind the wheel of his vehicle at a McDonald’s. 

The manager at the fast food chain on 6003 W. Newberry Road called Gainesville Police shortly after 1 a.m. to report Ryan Perez Soltero, 29, appeared too drunk to drive. An employee at the restaurant said he appeared to be passed out in his car outside the drive-thru window, according to a report. 

Police said when they located Soltero in his parked vehicle at the McDonald’s parking lot, the car was running, and Soltero was passed out. 

Police eventually woke Soltero up and said he showed multiple signs of impairment. He declined to give breath samples at the police station. 

He was released on his own recognizance Saturday shortly before 1 p.m.

♣ ♣ ♣

A woman was arrested shortly before 11 a.m. Saturday after police received several calls from citizens reporting an inebriated woman walking with two small children. 

Police found Nicole Katharina Barbour, 45, in a near unconscious state, slumped over a newspaper stand, with her 6- and 7-year-old daughters, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.

Barbour was incapable of telling officers who could get the children. 

The children — who police said were distressed, hungry and thirsty — told officers they only had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that day. Police said the children were dirty, and one was wearing her mother’s high-heeled flip flops. 

Barbour was transported to North Florida Regional Medical Center.

The Department of Children and Families took custody of the two girls, who told officers Barbour had been intoxicated since the night before. The department would have custody until they could find a next of kin.