<p>Attendees of the Harn pARTy dance to a live band during the event. The Harn pARTy occurs once during the fall, spring and summer.&nbsp;</p>

Attendees of the Harn pARTy dance to a live band during the event. The Harn pARTy occurs once during the fall, spring and summer. 

In February, the University of Florida admitted more than 14,000 students to the class of 2023. 

Over the past weekend, those accepted to the university moved into their dorms and apartments.

Many of them will ask what new and old students always wonder when fall rolls around: What is there to do in Gainesville outside of UF?

Begin your week by participating in a UF tradition, ‘Rally in The Swamp’ on Aug. 20. 

Celebrating its fifth year, Rally in The Swamp is a student pep rally presented by the University Athletic Association and the UF Alumni Association to kick off the new school year. 

Gates open at 6:30 p.m. and the first 3,000 students will receive free pizza. 

Student-athletes, dancers, cheerleaders and members of the marching band will be there to help welcome back students, alongside football coach Dan Mullen and athletic director Scott Stricklin. 

If you’re looking to explore some new music, consider seeing Tessa Violet live at the High Dive on Aug. 22. 

Violet, a singer-songwriter from Oregon whose career began on YouTube, will be performing with local Gainesville band The Forum.

Michael Higgins, singer and guitarist for The Forum, will be opening the show and said he always looks forward to playing at the High Dive. 

“High Dive has really great sound for a smaller sized venue,” Higgins said, “so whenever we play there we are confident knowing everything is going to come through beautifully in the mix.”

Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets can be bought in advance online for $15 and at the door.

If you’re into visual art instead, the Harn Museum of Art at the UF will be hosting a ‘pARTy’ for museum members and friends on Aug. 22. 

The event will feature three new exhibits and will have drinks, hors d’oeuvres and a beer garden provided by First Magnitude Brewing Company. 

Tami Wroath, director of marketing and public relations for the Harn, said the party is a celebration of the new 53rd SA+SH Studio Faculty Art Exhibition. 

“These works, some on view for the very first time, will offer visitors a glimpse into the creative and professional work of these outstanding artists and influential educators,” Wroath said.

The event is free to all museum members, and tickets are available for $20 to non-members. 

Tired of Gator Dining already? Check out First Magnitude Brewing Co.’s International Food Truck Rally on Aug. 25. 

In collaboration with MA Entertainment, the event will feature more than 20 food trucks, including Cilantro Tacos and Lulu’s Gelato.

In addition to food, the event will have a DJ and live performances by Iris la Dama del Mambo and Bill Fote Trio. 

The festival will run from 3 to 8:30 p.m. and is free to the public. 

True crime readers won’t want to miss George “Bob” Dekle at the Alachua County Library Headquarters Branch on Aug. 25. 

Dekle will be presenting his new true crime novel, Six Capsules: The Gilded Age Murder of Helen Potts

Deckle also formerly served as a professor of legal skills and director of the Prosecution Clinic at the University of Florida Levin College of Law until his retirement in 2016.