Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Two men accused of driving with more than 100 grams of meth were arrested Wednesday.

At about 7:45 p.m., police stopped Mark Christopher Menendez, 41, of Gainesville, for speeding and driving too close to another car on State Road 93, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. Ronnie Ray Lewis Jr., 38, of Deltona, was in the passenger seat.

While writing a warning, the officer saw Menendez try to hide something, the report said. Menendez was searched and a baggie of 5.2 grams of meth was found in his pocket.

The officer searched the car and found two sandwich-sized bags containing 192.02 grams of meth, another bag containing 1 gram of meth, two scales with meth residue on them, a meth pipe and needles, the report said.

Later that night, police searched Menendez’s apartment and found 16.2 grams of meth and a meth pipe, the report said.

Lewis told police he rents Menendez’s cars to transport drugs and drives him to sell drugs, the report said. They both live together.

Menendez and Lewis were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and trafficking meth, the report said.

On March 20, Menendez was accused of driving without a license and having 8.2 grams of meth and drug paraphernalia, according to court records. Menendez pleaded not guilty to the charges Thursday.

They both remained in the Alachua County Jail Thursday in lieu of a $51,000 bond.