<p>Amelia Close</p>

Amelia Close

After allegedly stealing three TVs from one Walmart, a woman went to another Walmart about eight miles away and tried to steal four more Wednesday.

At about 10:40 a.m., Amelia Lea Louise Close, 36, of Gainesville, stole three TVs from a Walmart, at 5700 NW 23rd St., according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. She was able to leave the Walmart without being stopped. The total value of the TVs was $594.

About four hours later, Close went into another Walmart, at 2900 SW 42nd St., and stole four TVs, the report said. The total value was $882.

She was able to make it to the parking lot before Walmart loss prevention officers stopped her, the report said. The employees told police they had Close on video surveillance leaving with the TVs.

She told police she stole the TVs because her friend Sherry told her to, the report said.

Close was charged with two counts of grand theft of more than $300 and less than $4,999, the report said.

In June 2013, Close was accused of stealing 270 Xanax pills from her mom but was not found guilty, according to court records.

She couldn’t be reached for comment.

Close was released from the Alachua County Jail Thursday on her own recognizance.

Amelia Close