Generic Crime
Generic Crime

When Gainesville Police searched a car Wednesday, they found a can of Pepsi, but it didn’t have soda.

More than 200 MDMA pills were hidden inside the fake can, which was among a 12-pack of cans, police said.

At about 12:30 a.m., police stopped a driver on State Road 93 near Gainesville, at mile marker 381, for driving too close to another car, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. Gerald Demetrice Bell, 37, of Childersburg, Alabama, was in the front passenger seat.

pepsi

Gerald

A K-9 alerted the officer of drugs in the car, the report said. While searching the car, officers found a fake water bottle and the fake Pepsi can inside the trunk. The can had 232 MDMA pills inside, and the water bottle had a baggie with two grams of marijuana.

Bell admitted owning the drugs to polic, the report said.

He was charged with drug trafficking, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, the report said.

He has no criminal record in Alachua County, according to court records.

Bell remained in the Alachua County Jail Thursday in lieu of a $7,000 bond.