21 Savage performance rescheduled to April 15

<p>FILE - In this Sunday, May 20, 2018, file photo, 21 Savage arrives at the Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. It was a shock for fans when 21 Savage was taken into custody Sunday, Feb. 3, 2019, by U.S. immigration agents in Georgia. It was an even bigger shock to learn he had been an immigrant in the first place. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)</p>

FILE - In this Sunday, May 20, 2018, file photo, 21 Savage arrives at the Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. It was a shock for fans when 21 Savage was taken into custody Sunday, Feb. 3, 2019, by U.S. immigration agents in Georgia. It was an even bigger shock to learn he had been an immigrant in the first place. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)

21 Savage might receive his extra crispy hot wings after all.

Rapper 21 Savage, who requested 50 hot wings in his contract with UF, was previously scheduled to perform Wednesday but will now perform on April 15, said Andrew Kelly, the Student Government Productions chairperson.

All tickets purchased for the original concert will be honored for the new date, Kelly said. Kelly will be meeting with O’Connell Center box office Thursday afternoon to sort out details for people who have purchased tickets but cannot go to the rescheduled show.

The rapper, whose legal name is She’yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, was detained by ICE on Feb. 3 after he overstayed his visa. He was released on bond a little more than a week after being detained, but the status of his performance at UF was unknown until Wednesday afternoon.

“SGP is proud of 21 Savage for overcoming a tremendous amount of adversity and using his public persona and platform to bring awareness to others in similar circumstances,” Kelly said.

LaRaven Temoney, a 22-year-old UF political science doctoral student, was upset about the delay in information on the status of his performance, and she will now have to rearrange her schedule in order to see him. Her friend will have to sell her ticket. 

“A week before, you shouldn’t be announcing that you can no longer do the concert, especially if it’s something that you know about,” she said. “It’s a little unfair and unprofessional.”