Trinity

Four members of the Florida gymnastics team received a dose of good news Tuesday when they were named Women’s Collegiate Gymnastics (WCGA) All-Americans.

Junior Alyssa Baumann was named first team on floor and second team on beam, senior Rachel Gowey was named first team on beam, sophomore Savannah Schoenherr was named second team on bars and sophomore Trinity Thomas was named first team on bars, beam, floor and all-around and second team on vault.

“With everything going on, it was nice to see another thing positive, another thing lifting me up,” Thomas said. “It was really cool and I’m really proud of myself.”

Thomas was one of only three gymnasts in the country to collect five All-Americans honors and was the first Gator since Bridget Sloan in 2016 to achieve that honor. She was the only person in the nation to get a 10 in three events – bars, beam and floor – doing it on beam twice.

Baumann has now been an All-American four times in her career, while this is Gowey’s second time, after being named for balance beam in 2018. This is Schoenherr’s first All-American honor.

The top eight gymnasts in each exercise in the Road to Nationals rankings are named to the first team and No. 9-16 are named to the second team.

No. 2 Florida’s four recipients place the program second in the country, behind five for No. 1 Oklahoma.

Follow Noah on Twitter @Noah_ram1 and contact him at [email protected].

Noah Ram is the gymnastics beat writer. He previously covered men's and women's tennis. He is a sophomore majoring in journalism and this is his third semester at The Alligator.