<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-136f5f18-7fff-6b93-524f-63b80a565771"><span>Havana Solaun, pictured in 2014, scored Jamaica's first-ever World Cup goal in a loss to Australia. Solaun played for UF from 2011-2014.</span></span></p>

Havana Solaun, pictured in 2014, scored Jamaica's first-ever World Cup goal in a loss to Australia. Solaun played for UF from 2011-2014.

One current Gator and three former UF soccer players represented their countries at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, which concluded on Sunday with a victory for the United States.

Former Gators Havana Solaun and Lauren Silver played for the Jamaican national team in Group C. Meanwhile, current forward and rising junior Deanne Rose and UF alum Adriana Leon represented Canada in Group E.

Jamaica, nicknamed the ‘Reggae Girlz’, struggled throughout the World Cup and came last in its group after scoring only one goal through three games.

That goal, however, meant the world to the small Caribbean nation — it was the first in the country’s Women’s World Cup history, and it was scored by none other than Solaun. 

Solaun, who played for UF from 2011-2014, scored the goal off an assist from Khadija “Bunny” Shaw as she split the Australian backline and dribbled past the keeper before putting it away with her left foot.

Silver, who also played for UF from 2011-2014, registered just 14 minutes through the three matches. She currently plays for Norwegian soccer club SK Trondheims-Ørn.

Solaun was co-captain of the UF soccer team during her junior and senior years and was named All-SEC First Team in 2013 and 2014. She currently plays club soccer for Klepp IL in Norway.

The Canadian national team finished second (behind the Netherlands) in Group E with a 2-1 record in the group stage. It was eliminated by Sweden in the Round of 16 by a score of 1-0.

Rose played in one match during the World Cup for 15 minutes. The midfielder from Alliston, Ontario, appeared in only 10 games for UF in 2018 due to her commitment to the Canadian national team.

Rose first appeared for Canada when she was only 16 years old and received a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics.

Leon, a forward who plays club soccer for West Ham United in England, played 54 minutes in the World Cup and failed to score a goal. Leon played for UF in 2012 after transferring from the University of Notre Dame and has played internationally for Canada since 2009.

Follow Joseph Salvador on Twitter @JSalvador_14. Contact him at jsalvador@alligator.org.