Florida’s women’s tennis team will take to the Caribbean to open its 2020 season.

UF is competing in the three-day Pink Flamingo Cup tournament in Nassau, Bahamas, from Friday through Sunday. The Gators’ weekend competition consists of No. 4 UCLA, No. 7 Texas and No. 23 Miami.

Because all participating teams are ranked, the tournament will stand as a good test for Florida to start the spring.

The Cup will pit all four teams against each other in both singles and doubles events.

On Friday, Florida will begin the tournament against Texas in doubles and UCLA in singles.

Saturday will bring a new challenge, as Florida will take on Miami in doubles and flip to singles against Texas.

Finally, on Sunday, the Gators will face UCLA in doubles and Miami in singles.

Of the Gators’ eight spots on its roster, six players are returning from last season’s successful campaign.

Florida earned a 32nd-straight NCAA Championship appearance last season and settled into the No. 24 slot in the final 2019 rankings.

Two athletes that will provide Florida with a big push this season are juniors McCartney Kessler and Ida Jarlskog.

Kessler led UF in victories last year, accumulating 15 match wins for the Gators on her way to a 2019 All-SEC Second Team selection, while 2019 All-American Jarlskog finished No. 17 in 2019 singles play.

Jarlskog also earned All-SEC First Team honors.

After UF wraps up its weekend overseas, it will return home until it has to hit the road to compete in the ITA Kick-off Weekend at NC State from Jan. 25-26.

Follow Dylan on Twitter @dylanoshea24 and contact him at doshea@alligator.org.