<p>Chadwick Boseman put on a phenomenal performance as Black Panther in the 2018 blockbuster.</p>

Chadwick Boseman put on a phenomenal performance as Black Panther in the 2018 blockbuster.

“Black Panther” is one of Marvel’s successful films of 2018. The film brings the world of “Blank Panther” to life — allowing viewers to experience Wakanda with it’s incredible culture and futuristic technology. Perhaps more importantly, it gives black audiences the chance to finally see a powerful superhero who looks like them on the big screen and achieve roaring success.

Wakanda is a fictional hidden country in sub-Saharan Africa and is the home of the world’s strongest metal, vibranium. The metal allows the country to be more technologically advanced than the rest of the world.

After losing its king, T’Chaka (John Kani), Wakanda crowns Prince T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) as it’s new rightful heir and protector, the Blank Panther.

Then, a long-lost cousin, Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan), demands to be considered king, so he can use Wakanda’s technology to help his oppressed brothers and sisters in America. This leads to a civil war and the dethroning of T’Challa.

Overall, the film is beautiful and enthralling, while also shining light on the constant oppression African-Americans have faced for decades.

“Black Panther” gives young black people a superhero to look up to and a reminder that everyone should be treated equally, no matter what. Good luck to everyone who worked on the film and remember: Wakanda forever!