<p>Kevin Durante is a UF graduate and Los Angeles based DJ whose popularity is on the rise. He will perform at the Wooly on Friday.</p>

Kevin Durante is a UF graduate and Los Angeles based DJ whose popularity is on the rise. He will perform at the Wooly on Friday.

On March 22, LA-based techno-house DJ ‘Durante’ makes a stop in Gainesville on his way to Miami Music Week.

Kevin Durante, whose last name duals as his stage name, wouldn’t normally be booked in Gainesville.

Fans of electronica and house music will also enjoy local artists, Dunstan Wallace and Kelly Kochis.

Although Durante is not from Gainesville, his time at UF and growing up in Ft. Meyers gives him somewhat of a “hometown hero presence.”  

“There’s a lot of people that live here that are either his friend or fan,” Vi Seixas, the 31-year-old event coordinator, said. "They are all very proud of how his music has evolved and career is shaping up.”

Durante impressed Kochis with his energy, passion, and track selection. In 2013, she performed alongside him in Gainesville.

“To see the success he’s created for himself, to have the opportunity to share a night again, almost six years later, to open for him, to hear all the buzz around him being back in town to play, brings up so many positive memories and excitement,” the 37-year-old DJ said.

In January, Bonobo, a British producer and DJ well-known for his downtempo electronica style, picked Durante’s track “Maia” to be on his “fabric Presents: Bonobo DJ mix," a hint that Durante’s popularity may be on the rise.

With a music style described as tribal and melodic techno, Durante’s stage presence will have audiences dancing, according to Seixas. On a different pace, Kochis’ “techy gently-aggressive, bass-heavy house music” may have the crowd feeling a deeper and darker vibe.

Additional speakers as well as a laser rig will help bring The Wooly to its full club potential. Tickets are $8 online and $10 at the door. The event starts at 10 p.m. and is 18 and older.