<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-ece8cfae-4a00-c948-8f73-45b1e0032456"><span>Digital Ethos, a New Jersey-based heavyweight of a producer who’s grown in popularity since collaborating with Bassnectar on wonky dubstep track “Slather,” will bring his talents to Simon’s toward the end of the month with a handful of local support.</span></span></p>

Digital Ethos, a New Jersey-based heavyweight of a producer who’s grown in popularity since collaborating with Bassnectar on wonky dubstep track “Slather,” will bring his talents to Simon’s toward the end of the month with a handful of local support.

As 2018 slowly but surely progresses, the diverse events, concerts and other entertainment that Gainesville has to offer only get bigger and better. In honor of the start of February this week, here’s some of our favorite upcoming events that will hold you over until spring break.

Changeville Music & Arts Festival at various locations — Feb. 8 to 9

Changeville, the music and arts festival put on by the annual frank conference, is no doubt February’s largest gathering. The two-day festival will quite literally take over downtown with poetry, music, films, workshops, virtual reality exhibits and other talented individuals pushing for social change. Whether you prefer the intimacy of a local show or the smooth hip-hop flows of headliner Princess Nokia, Changeville will have something for everyone. Find more info at changeville.us.

Bleep Bloop and Ethan Glass at Simon’s — Feb. 9

Although his name may sound silly, Bleep Bloop’s signature is anything but. This producer refuses to conform to any true genre, utilizing a gritty, in-your-face sound that’s bursting with bass. His shows get weird, to say the least, and he’s guaranteed to blow the doors off Simon’s with opener Ethan Glass next Friday. Tickets are available from $10 to $15 at eventbrite.com.

Neon Liger X 10-Year Anniversary + Reunion at The Wooly — Feb. 10

Neon Liger, the underground dance party that went strong for a full seven years, hosts its 10-year anniversary Feb. 10. The event was originally intended to be a one-time thing, but after hundreds of people packed out Spannk (later known as The Motor Room), the party turned into a weekly event. Although Neon Liger concluded with The Motor Room’s closure in 2015, the folks behind it return once a year to host an anniversary party. With three areas both indoors and out and production from Gator Sound and Lighting, this anniversary should be the biggest yet. Admission is $10.

Destination Okeechobee at High Dive — Feb. 15

Okeechobee Music and Arts Festival is less than one month away, and many UF students and Gainesville residents alike will be heading south for the festival come March. Roughly two weeks before the gathering, six local and regional bands will compete for a spot battle of the bands-style on High Dive’s stage. Faze Wave, N.W. Izzard, Retrolux, Savanna Leigh Bassett, The Savants of Soul and VENM will battle it out. Tickets are available at HighDiveGainesville.com for $6 in advance or $8 at the door.

Digital Ethos at Simon’s — Feb. 18

February is a great month for bass lovers. Digital Ethos, a New Jersey-based heavyweight of a producer who’s grown in popularity since collaborating with Bassnectar on wonky dubstep track “Slather,” will bring his talents to Simon’s toward the end of the month with a handful of local support. Tickets are available for $10.50 to $17.89 at eventbrite.com.