It’s September, which means the iconic Moonman is back on television for one night of risqué sketches, likely lip-synced performances and musical debauchery.

MTV’s Video Music Awards will be broadcast live from the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles tonight at 8 p.m.

Kevin Hart, who is already receiving heat for two racial remarks in two separate promos, will host the show.

In one, Hart plots to form a threesome with “it couple” Kanye West and Kim Kardashian by wearing white hoodies and referring to themselves as the KKK. In another, Hart shows up at a Green Day rehearsal and demands the band be renamed Black Day.

While some say those skits were in bad taste, others laughed when a third commercial was revealed in which a doctor diagnosed the funny man with Bieber Fever.

Green Day will perform at the show for the fifth time, alongside returning performers Pink, Alicia Keys and Rihanna.

Taylor Swift will debut her new hit single “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” live for the first time, while Best New Artist nominees Frank Ocean and One Direction make their premiere VMA performances.

The Wanted, another Best New Artist nominee, will give out one of the coveted Moonman statues. Other announcers include Miley Cyrus (with her despised new hairdo), Mac Miller, Andy Samberg, Rashida Jones, Ke$ha, Wiz Khalifa, 2 Chainz and the gold medal-winning U.S. women’s Olympic gymnastics team.

Calvin Harris, a VMA newcomer with four nominations, will pump up the party an hour before the show during the Red Carpet Report, hosted by Teen Wolf’s Holland Roden at 7 p.m. New X Factor judge Demi Lovato is also set to perform at the preshow.

Of course, this is MTV, so even the preshow has a preshow.

At 6 p.m,. Snooki and friends will host an hour-long “Jersey Shore” look-back special as we head into the final season of the beloved show full of spray tans and fist pumping. The real question: Will Snooki’s newborn baby, Lorenzo, show up? And more important, what is his “Jersey Shore” nickname? Tune in to find out.