On March 19, at the Game Developers Conference, Google announced it has decided to take a crack in the video game streaming industry with their new cloud-based gaming platform, Stadia.

The platform isn’t a physical console, but a game streaming service that will be accessible online on a variety of platforms.

During an onstage demonstration, the famous search engine company showed a player playing a game on a Chromebook, then playing the same game on a phone and finally picking the game back up on a PC, all in real time.

During the conference, Phil Harrison, Google’s vice president and general manager, said the company will give developers access to its data centers, which would be located in more than 200 countries and territories.

According to Harrison, players will be able to access and play Stadia games within seconds. He showed a YouTube video of Ubisoft’s game, “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey,” which featured a “Play” button that offers players instant access to the game. No download, patch or updates required.

Stadia will be able to stream games in 60 frames per second, with HDR and 4K resolution, said Google’s vice president on Project Stream, Majd Bakar.

The idea behind Stadia is to be “instantly enjoyable, with access for everyone.”