Drive-in

The Oaks Mall is hosting three family-friendly drive-in movie nights in cooperation with Glory Days Presents! and Drive-in Dudes.

The silver screen is coming to your car this weekend only as Drive-In Dudes in conjunction with Glory Days Presents! bring classic family-friendly films to The Oaks Mall in Gainesville.

Whether working the Scare Floor with Mike and Sully or hunting One-Eyed Willy’s treasure with the Goonies, moviegoers pay $15 a car to park at Oaks Mall to catch a flick on an inflatable theater screen this Friday 7:50 p.m. to 12:27 a.m., Saturday 7:50 p.m. to 12:29 p.m. and Sunday 7:50 p.m. to 12:03 a.m. Viewers will listen to the audio through an FM frequency.

“It’s an old concept updated for a current situation,” said Pat Lavery, High Dive’s Facility and Events Manager and Glory Days Present! owner. “The drive-in is a naturally social-distancing type of thing.”

Lavery worked to put the events together with Michael Silver of Drive-In Dudes, a group that based out of Pensacola that brings traveling drive-ins throughout Florida, who previously helped put on High Dive’s Emo Prom in March.

Their fourth outing in the state, “Drive-In Dudes” brings along digital ticketing through their website and contactless concessions through the 2gofox application. Guests can order snacks through the app to be delivered to their car. 

Ranging from recent releases like “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Frozen” to revered hits such as “Jurassic Park,” films were chosen by their box office presence, Silver said.

“Hopefully we come back every couple months,” Silver said. “But we just need people to come out to this first one for us to come back.”

Friday 6/19

Frozen 2 7:50-9:33

Jurassic Park [1993]-10:20-12:27

Saturday 6/20

Guardians of the Galaxy 7:50-9:51

The Goonies 10:35-12:29

Sunday 6/21

Monsters Inc.

7:50-9:22

Twister- 10:10-12:03

https://thepopupmovietour.com/events/gainesville-tickets/

Contact Manny Rea at [email protected]